Monday, March 3, 2008

Homework: Tragedy of Britney's Spears

The Tragedy of Britney Spears

1. How does this article differ from the usual celebrity and gossip features? Does this article elevate itself from the typical celebrity and gossip feature?

To begin with, I really think the article was hilarious. It’s quite similar to some narrative gossip features that I’ve read but I really think Rolling Stone Magazine is the best when it comes to producing celebrity and gossip features. The bashing scheme that they made to Britney was bizarre. Profanities were included but I don’t think the public would mind. It’s Rolling Stone Magazine!

2. How does the writer hold the reader's interest about a subject matter that is over exposed?

I think the writer; VANESSA GRIGORIADIS was successful catching the eyes of the reader’s interest even though the subject was over exposed because she used the evolution of Britney. She tracked down the timeline of Britney’s life--- from Britney’s achievements and her fiasco. She also provided a deceiving title.

3. How does the writer appeal to readers who are not admirers or sympathizers of this celebrity?

I think the comparison between Britney and President Bush.


4. What voice does the writer use and does it work for the magazine's target audience?

The writer used a combination of first person point of view and third person. She enumerated some of the highlights and through that, she also puts herself, making it more visible. I don’t know about the others but her style works for me.

1 comment:

Rome Jorge said...

Checked - Prof. Jorge